CAP Christians Against Poverty
Christians Against Poverty (CAP) is a national debt counselling charity which operates through a network of centres based in local churches, such as the centre at C3 Victory. CAP is uniquely placed to particularly help low income, financially and socially disadvantaged people out of debt. Debt causes so many problems in society. These include fear, stress, illness, missing meals along with relationship and family breakdown and even suicide. CAP Australia currently assists on average, 60 new families every month as well as supporting 700 existing clients.
CAP offers hope and a comprehensive solution to anyone in debt through its unique, in-depth service. CAP services include a combination of budgeting advice, creditor liaison, provision of CAP Account and personal support. CAP aims to empower people to work themselves out of debt and transform their finances. CAP workers show God’s love in action by providing sustainable poverty relief through free debt counselling, advice and practical help.
If you are able assist in any of the following areas for 6 or 12 months, please email or call me and we will send you the details.
• Pray for the clients by being part of the CAP prayer list
• Admin assistance (from a few hours a month to 1/2 a day per week). This role involves completing monthly reports, writing thank you cards for our referral agency & writing birthday cards for clients.
• Deliver publicity to referral agencies.
• Befriend and connect with our CAP clients. This role involves mentoring and loving clients through activities such as taking clients shopping, meeting with them for coffee etc.
• Debt Coach for 1 day a week. Training for this role would be at CAP Central.
• Debt Coach Assistant for a half day or 1 day a week. This role involves: coming on client visits (each visit is approx 3hrs); praying for clients and possibly helping care for small children while parents are involved in coaching.
• Support Coach for 1 day or 2 half days a week.
• Client Connect for 1-2 hours a week (day or evening). Contact clients and help them become involved in church activities.
• Cap Money Course Presenters for 3 evenings, twice per year. All our clients sign up to do CAP money we need presenter to facilitate this great course.
Key Serving Opportunities:
• All of the above positions are essential in running an effective CAP Centre.
• Volunteering with CAP provides a rewarding sense of fulfilment and purpose. Clients are released from the burden of debt, and more importantly are given an opportunity to know and experience God’s love. ‘The King will reply, “I tell you the truth, whatever you did for the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.”’ Matthew 25:40.
• Whatever time you can give will be immensely valued.
Contact Margaret Paget email@example.com